Monday, February 6, 2012

Peri Jenkins in the mutant barbie headress & rainbow jellyfish ensemble


Wearable art is one of my favourite styles of costume and fashion to create. I made this mutant barbie headress & rainbow jellyfish ensemble last year, inspired by the many ways to subvert Barbie's body and combine with my love of hair sculpture. The shoulder piece is designed to dance in as all the jellyfish tendrils fly about.
The outfit is modeled here by an incredible costume maker, seamstress extrordinare and all round fabulous sparkly Melbourne babe Peri Jenkins. Peri is is responsible for some of the more epic costumes seen at the Australian Ballet, from feathered wonderness to leather armor- she constructs outfits the rest of us only can only dream of in our minds. She has recently joined my sewing team on my two current projects and I may owe her my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment